Yu-Hsuan (Stephanie) Chen
Fashion Design (School of Graduate Studies)
About this Item
- For Her
- Contributor Names
Chen, Yu-Hsuan (Stephanie) (Creator, Designer)
Zhang, Xin (Director, Videographer)
Long, Deanna (Photographer)
Stepanenko, Irene (Model)
Bogart, Liliana (Model)
Chen, Anne Yu-An (Production, Stylist)
Greenwood, Antoinette (Hair, Make up)
Fang, Dan (Shoot assistant)
Jin, Youna (Accessories)
Zhang, Angel (Accessories)
- 2022 Fashion Design MFA graduate thesis collection created by Yu-Hsuan (Stephanie) Chen. Presented on June 8, 2022 at 'Unbound: Fashion Design MFA Showcase.'
- M.F.A. Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York 2022.
- Department: Fashion Design.
- Artist's Statement
- As designers, we often ask ourselves: Who is your muse? Who is the woman you are designing for? My answer to that question would be "Soft and delicate on the outside. On the inside, she holds passion, and is strong and untouchable. A sophisticated warrior." This collection introduces my definition of women that are seen as soft, gentle, but there is a strength to her personality. I reflect my personal observation onto clothing and fashion – finding a balance in the looks, and generating the idea of harmony in technique, fabrication, soft tailoring and draping around the female form.
- Yu-Hsuan Chen (preferred name Stephanie) is a Taiwanese-born, New York-based designer focused on luxury, minimal womenswear. She holds a BFA Fashion Design degree from Pratt Institute and is graduating with an MFA Fashion Design degree from Fashion Institute of Technology. Stephanie has worked closely with designers Narciso Rodriguez, Prabal Gurung, Caron Callahan and Asher Levine. Her mother is the first woman who inspired her with the contrast of vulnerability and strength, informing her definition of empowering women.
- In Copyright
- The copyright for this work is held by its author/creator(s). Usage of this material beyond what is permitted by copyright law must first be cleared with the rights-holder(s). This work has been made available online by the Fashion Institute of Technology Gladys Marcus Library strictly for research and educational purposes. If you are the copyright holder for this work and have any objections to this work being made available online, please notify us immediately at [email protected].
- FIT Repository ID: fd_mfa_000015
- Related Materials
- Designer's website
- Photo gallery
- Unbound: Fashion Design MFA Showcase
Chen, Y. (. (2022). For Her [Master's thesis, Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York]. FIT Institutional Repository. https://institutionalrepository.fitnyc.edu/item/7702
Chen, Yu-Hsuan (Stephanie). For Her. 2022. Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, Master's thesis. FIT Digital Repository, https://institutionalrepository.fitnyc.edu/item/7702
Chen, Yu-Hsuan (Stephanie). "For Her." Master's thesis, Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, 2022. https://institutionalrepository.fitnyc.edu/item/7702